Chunky White Chocolate S'Mores
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular oats (not instant or quick-cooking)
- 3/4 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (4 ounce) bars white chocolate, broken into chunks, or 1 1/2 cups white chocolate morsels
- 12 large marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; add sugars,
beating well. Add egg, beating until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and oats.
Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating after each addition. Stir in cereal, vanilla
and white chocolate.
- Drop mixture by tablespoonsful onto ungreased baking sheets;
flatten with fingertips.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks to cool.
- Place marshmallows
on a long stick or skewer; toast over low heat (below 300 degrees F) for 3 to 5
minutes, or until golden.
- Place 1 marshmallow on a cookie, and top with a second cookie.
Makes about 1 dozen.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes