Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Sure to be a family favorite, this refrigerator cookie has all the wonderful
flavor of a traditional cinnamon bun. They also make a pretty presentation, so bake
a few dozen to give as delicious gifts.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Wilton Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until light
- Stir in flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, blending well after each addition.
Dough will be soft and slightly elastic. Form dough into 2 squares, about 1
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- For filling, stir together butter, sugar and cinnamon in small bowl until
- On floured surface, roll one square into a 12 x 9 inch rectangle about 1/4
inch thick (leave remaining square in refrigerator until ready to use).
- Using half of filling mixture, spread thin layer completely covering dough.
Starting at long end, roll dough tightly into a spiral.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cookie pans with parchment paper.
- Cut dough logs into 1/4 inch slices. Place on prepared cookie pans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges of cookies are pale golden brown.
- Cool cookies on pan on cooling grid for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on grid.
Yield: about 5 dozen cookies
Recipe and photo credit:
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.