Clothespin Cookies with Ricotta Filling
Use well-greased peg-type wooden clothespins with no metal.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast (1/2 package)
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped candied red cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied green cherries
- 1 pound smooth ricotta
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 egg whites, beaten until stiff
- Soften yeast in warm milk; set aside. In a large bowl cut butter into flour until
mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add yeast mixture, eggs, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Form into a ball and place in a greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate
- The next day prepare the ricotta filling by blending all the filling ingredients
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Divide dough in half. Roll out each half on a floured board to make a 10-inch
square. Cut into 14 strips, each 10 inches long and 3/4 inch wide. Wrap each strip
in a spiral around the length of a well-greased clothespin.
- Place clothespins on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake about 20 minutes, until light brown.
- Remove clothespins carefully; cool cookies on a rack.
- Using a pastry bag with a wide opening, pipe the Ricotta Filling into cookies.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> All Cookie Recipes