Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
I love these coconut chocolate chip cookies. I use the semi-sweet chocolate chunks
along with chopped pecans.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks)
unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut, fresh
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line several cookie sheets with parchment paper or
grease them lightly with butter or vegetable oil.
- Sift the flour and baking soda together into a small bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla
together in a medium-size mixing bowl until light and fluffy, about 1 1/2 minutes.
Stop the mixer twice to scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add the egg and mix at medium speed until it is incorporated, 20 to 25 seconds.
Scrape the bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients on low speed and mix until blended, 20 to 25 seconds.
- Add the coconut and chocolate chips; blend until they are mixed in, about 10
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonsful about 2 inches apart onto the prepared
cookie sheets, then flatten them with your fingers to about 2 inches in diameter.
- Bake the cookies until they are firm to the touch and golden around the edges,
20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow them to cool on the cookie sheets.
Makes 36 cookies.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 8, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes