Coconut Cranberry Chews
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups Challenge Butter, at room temperature (3/4 pound)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked dried coconut
- In a large bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat 1 1/2 cups butter,
sugar, orange peel and vanilla extract until smooth. Beat in egg until well
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add to butter
mixture, stir to mix, then beat on low speed until dough comes together,
about 5 minutes. The mixture may look dry until it comes together as a
dough. If its too crumbly to form into balls, the dough need to be mixed
longer; it should be a smooth homogeneous mass.
- Mix in cranberries and coconut.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on buttered
12 x 15-inch baking sheets.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F regular or convection oven until cookie edges
just begin to brown, 11 to 15 minutes (shorter baking time will yield a
chewier cookie; longer baking time will yield a crispier cookie). If baking
two sheets at once in one oven, switch their positions halfway through
- Let cookies cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then use a wide spatula to
transfer to racks to cool completely.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes