Cookie Jar Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup solid
shortening, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or grease
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- Cream the butter, shortening, and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric
mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then mix in the peanut
butter. Add the flour mixture by the cupful and beat at low speed to mix well.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets about 2
inches apart. Press each cookie twice in each direction with a lightly floured fork
to make a crosshatch design.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Do not over-bake. They will still be a bit pale, but if you
over-bake, they won't be chewy on the inside.
- Using a spatula, transfer to a rack to cool.
Posted by LladyRusty at recipegoldmine.com.
Source: Posted by Cookin' Dad 20 July 2000 8:12 am.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes