Cookin' Dad's Molasses Crispies
This recipe from Cookin' Dad is great.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 cup soft shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. With electric
mixer at medium speed, cream shortening, sugar, egg and molasses until very light
and fluffy. At low speed, beat in flour mixture just until mixed.
- Refrigerate until
dough is easy to handle. (My mother refrigerates dough overnight. I did it for about
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets
(cookies will flatten out as they bake).
- Bake for 8 minutes (mine were baked about 10
- When cookies are done, cracks will appear on the surface. Cookies will
crisp as they cool.
- While still warm dip cookie tops in granulated sugar.
Posted by LladyRusty at recipegoldmine.com.
Source: Posted by Cookin' Dad 20 July 2000 8:12 am