Cotton Candy Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose
- Extra sugar for pressing cookies
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream together the granulated sugar, confectioners' sugar, butter and vegetable
oil. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients, (the next four ingredients) and mix to incorporate. Roll
dough into small balls about the size of a quarter. With a heavy bottom crystal
vase with a decorative bottom, or other cookie press, dip in sugar to coat well.
Smash each ball of dough so they are spread out and flat, leaving an imprint and
- Bake in a 375 degrees F oven for 10 minutes, until the edges just start to
turn slightly brown. Do not bake too long.
- Cool on the baking sheet briefly, then
transfer to wire rack to cool the rest of the way.
You can also used colored sugar to press the cookies at holiday time.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes