This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Double Chocolate Peanut
Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Baking Cocoa
1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounce package)
NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- About 1 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter (not all-natural), divided
- 1/3 cup
butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- Melt 1 cup morsels in small, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat; stir until smooth.
- Beat granulated sugar, 1/3 cup peanut butter, butter and vanilla extract in large
mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in melted chocolate. Add eggs one at a time, beating
well after each addition. Gradually beat in cocoa mixture. Stir in remaining morsels.
- Cover; chill just until firm.
- Shape into 1 1/2-inch balls; press thumb into tops to make about 1/2-inch-deep
depressions. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Fill each depression with about 1/2
teaspoon peanut butter.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 10 to 15 minutes
or until sides are set but centers are still slightly soft.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes about 3 1/2 dozen.