This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Edible Cookie Bowl
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup blanched, slivered almonds, finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cover the outside of a loaf pan with foil. Spray with
vegetable cooking spray.
- Cookie Dough: In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, almonds and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat together margarine, sugar,
egg and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Beat in flour mixture.
- Shaping the Cookie Bowl: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll dough out to 1/8-inch
thickness. Using a 1 1/2-inch cookie cutter with scalloped edges, cut out shapes.
- Cover prepared loaf pan with cutouts, overlapping them slightly.
- Baking the Cookie bowl: Bake cookie bowl until edges are firm, about 10 to 12
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool completely.
- To remove the cookie bowl, carefully lift it off the foil-lined loaf pan. Remove
- Cookies: Arrange other cookies in the cookie bowl.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
Yield: 1 cookie bowl