Edible Cookie Bowls (T&T)
I have made this for bridal showers, weddings and many different occasions. You
can stuff these cookie bowld with anything you like. The possibilities are endless.
I have also made miniature versions of this and filled them with a truffle filling.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup blanched,
slivered almonds, finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick)
butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Glass custard cups
- 1 1/2-inch cookie cutter with scalloped edges
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover the outside of bowls with foil. Spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, almonds, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat together
sugar, egg and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Beat in flour mixture.
- Roll dough out to 1/8-inch thickness. Using cookie cutter with scalloped edges,
cut out shapes.
- Cover bowls with cutouts molding it around the bottom of the bowl.
- Bake cookie bowl until edges are firm, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Ransfer to a
wire rack and cool completely.
- To remove the cookie bowl, carefully lift it off the foil-lined bowls. Remove
- Place in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan or cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine June 1, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes