This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Edible Cookie Bowls (T&T)
I have made this for bridal showers, weddings and many different occasions. You
can stuff these cookie bowld with anything you like. The possibilities are endless.
I have also made miniature versions of this and filled them with a truffle filling.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup blanched,
slivered almonds, finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick)
butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Glass custard cups
- 1 1/2-inch cookie cutter with scalloped edges
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover the outside of bowls with foil. Spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, almonds, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat together
sugar, egg and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Beat in flour mixture.
- Roll dough out to 1/8-inch thickness. Using cookie cutter with scalloped edges,
cut out shapes.
- Cover bowls with cutouts molding it around the bottom of the bowl.
- Bake cookie bowl until edges are firm, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Ransfer to a
wire rack and cool completely.
- To remove the cookie bowl, carefully lift it off the foil-lined bowls. Remove
- Place in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan or cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine June 1, 2001.