Elephant Ears 2
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup warm milk
- 3 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 4 to 4 1/2
- Oil for deep-frying
- Sugar and cinnamon, mixed (for topping)
- In large bowl, combine yeast and warm water until dissolved and let stand 10
- Add warm milk, sugar, salt, shortening and 2 cups of the flour. Beat until
smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make the dough soft.
- Turn out onto
floured board and knead until elastic. Add more flour if necessary. Place the dough
in greased bowl and flip over so top and bottom has grease on it.
- Cover with towel
until double in size.
- Divide dough into 15 oval shape balls and make each one about 1/8-inch thick.
Fry one oval at a time in the oil until golden brown and flip over to do other side.
- Remove from oil. Drain; sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mixture or topping of
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.