- 3 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/4 cups filberts, toasted and skinned,
- Heat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In the top of a double boiler set over hot water melt chocolate and let it cool.
- In a bowl beat butter with confectioners' sugar until the mixture is fluffy.
- Stir in the chocolate and beat until creamy and smooth. Stir in filberts, and
form the mixture into a ball.
- Wrap in wax paper and chill for 30 minutes.
- Pinch off 1 teaspoon of the mixture at a time and roll it between the palms of
your hands like a ball.
- Arrange balls on baking sheets lined with parchment paper
and bake until the glossiness is gone, about 10 minutes.
- Let the balls cool on the baking sheets, then store in an airtight container.
Yield: About 50 balls