Frosted Peanut Butter Brittle Cookies
- 1 cup crushed homemade or store-bought peanut brittle
- 1/2 cup butter-flavor
solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed
light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups peanut butter chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter and milk in
large bowl. Beat at medium speed until blended. Beat in egg.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add gradually at low speed.
- Chill dough for about 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place balls 3 1/2 inches apart on ungreased
baking sheet. Flatten to 3-inch circles using the bottom of glass that has been
dipped into sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes, then
remove to rack and cool completely.
- For frosting, melt peanut butter chips in double boiler. Frost half of each cookie,
then sprinkle with crushed peanut brittle.
Makes 3 to 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes