Gateaux Bon Bons
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Orange marmalade
Easy Creamy Icing
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- About 3 tablespoons water
- Food color (optional)
- Beat butter, sugar, egg, cheese, lemon peel and lemon juice until light
- Stir flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda thoroughly into
butter mixture. Cover; chill at least 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll about 1/4 of dough at a time 1/8 inch thick on floured board. (Keep
remaining dough chilled.) Cut into 1-inch rounds.
- Place half the rounds on lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon about 1/4 teaspoon
marmalade on center of each round; cover with remaining rounds. Press edges
with floured finger to seal.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Cool; frost with Easy Creamy Icing.
- Easy Creamy Icing: Mix confectioners' sugar, salt, vanilla extract and
water until smooth and of spreading consistency. Tint with few drops of food
color if you wish. Light pink and blue are very nice colors.
About 7 dozen cookies.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 5/14/02 12:56:56 pm.