- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix sugar and butter until creamy and light; add molasses and egg, and beat until
combined. Decrease speed and add flour, fresh ginger, ginger, baking soda, and salt;
beat until just combined, don't over-mix.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place 2
inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes. Cookie will flatten
and be evenly browned.
- Cool completely before removing from cookie sheet.
Yields 4 dozen.