Grandma's Strawberry Cookies
- 1 cup dates, chopped and pitted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons
butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups toasted rice cereal (Rice Krispies), slightly
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red decorating
- 1 tube green decorator icing with leaf tip
- In a saucepan, combine dates, sugar, butter and eggs; mix well. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer 6 to 7 minutes, stirring often. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
Mixture will be thick.
- Remove from heat; stir in cereal, nuts and vanilla extract.
- Let mixture cool before shaping into cookies.
- By hand, shape chunks of mixture
into strawberries, making cookies are large or small as desired.
- Roll shaped cookies
in red decorating sugar.
- Finish by adding a green leaf to each cookie with decorator
Yield: About 3 dozen cookies
Cookies will keep about 2 weeks in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.