Grandma's Strawberry Cookies
- 1 cup dates, chopped and pitted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons
butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups toasted rice cereal (Rice Krispies), slightly
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red decorating
- 1 tube green decorator icing with leaf tip
- In a saucepan, combine dates, sugar, butter and eggs; mix well. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer 6 to 7 minutes, stirring often. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
Mixture will be thick.
- Remove from heat; stir in cereal, nuts and vanilla extract.
- Let mixture cool before shaping into cookies.
- By hand, shape chunks of mixture
into strawberries, making cookies are large or small as desired.
- Roll shaped cookies
in red decorating sugar.
- Finish by adding a green leaf to each cookie with decorator
Yield: About 3 dozen cookies
Cookies will keep about 2 weeks in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes