- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pound sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together.
- In a saucepan melt the butter with the sugar; set aside.
- Add the eggs, almond
and anise extracts to the butter and sugar mixture, beating with a hand mixer or
- Make a well in the center of the flour and pour the liquid ingredients into the
well. Using your hands mix until smooth.
- In a small bowl beat eggs and milk together to make egg wash.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, dip into egg wash then into sesame seeds. Roll
again into log shape.
- Bake for about 9 minutes.
Serves 48 (2 cookies each, or about 8 dozen cookies total).
Nutrition values per serving: 129 calories, 6 g fat, 16 g carbohydrates,
3 g fiber, 3 g protein, 28 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes