Hawaiian Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly
packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup macadamia nut bits
- 1 cup
semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, cream shortening and sugars until light and
fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract; beat well.
- Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually mix into creamed
mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Shape into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place on ungreased
baking sheets and flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour.
- Bake for 15
minutes or until lightly browned.
Yield: 36 large cookies