Hot Dog Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red and green food coloring
- 3 tablespoons
- Yellow decorator's frosting
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in flour and vanilla extract.
Remove 1 cup dough; add red food coloring and knead until well combined. Cover and
refrigerate remaining dough for 1 hour.
- For hot dogs, divide red dough into 16 portions. Shape into 2 1/2-inch logs and
round the ends; set aside.
- Divide plain dough into 16 portions. Shape into 3-inch logs; make a very deep
lengthwise groove in each. Smooth edges to form buns. Place 3 inches apart on an
ungreased baking sheet. Place hot dogs in buns.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15
minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for pickle relish, combine coconut and green food coloring in a resealable
plastic bag; shake well. Sprinkle over hotdogs. For mustard pipe a stripe of yellow
frosting down the center of each.
Taste of Home's Quick Cooking, July/August 2000
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes