Irresistible Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are terrific warm from the oven - don't get addicted!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package
semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners'
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter, adding the brown sugar, egg and vanilla
- Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, salt and cinnamon. Blend into the butter
mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Chill until firm. (Can be refrigerated
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Between palms of hands, roll small pieces of dough into 1-inch rounds and dredge
in confectioners' sugar. Place two inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 6 dozen
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes