This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flaked,
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped, unsalted macadamia nuts
cup exotic fruit jelly or preserves, such as guava, mango, passion fruit
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly spray cookie sheets with nonstick vegetable
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy, and mix in vanilla extract.
- Mix flour and salt and gradually mix into butter mixture. Mix in coconut and
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Arrange 2 inches apart on prepared sheets.
Using a fingertip or the handle end of a wooden spoon, make an indentation in the
top of each cookie.
- Bake until cookies are beginning to color, about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Fill each indentation with a bit of jelly or preserves.
Makes about 36.