Jell-O Pastel Cookies
Pretty in pink, green, yellow and any other color you love. Jell-O Gelatin in
the dough and sprinkled on top makes sugar cookies even more special.
These colorful cookies are fun to make and can be enjoyed in moderation.
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 cups butter or
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) JELL-O Cherry Flavor
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour and baking powder. Beat butter in large bowl with mixer until creamy.
- Add sugar and 1 package gelatin; beat until light and fluffy.
- Blend in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Flatten
with bottom of glass. Sprinkle with remaining dry gelatin mix.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets for 3 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Makes 5 dozen
For best results, use the same flavor of JELL-O Gelatin for both the cookie
dough and sprinkling on top.
Prepare using your favorite flavor of JELL-O Gelatin.
Reprinted with permission from