Jelly Topped Almond Bites
- 1 cup soft shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- Sliced almonds, finely chopped
- Beat together shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and almond
extract. Beat until blended.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Gradually add to creamed mixture,
beat well. Stir in oats.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie
sheets. Make a hollow in each ball.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 12 minutes.
Cool on rack.
- Just before serving place a small amount of jelly in center of each cookie. Sprinkle
with chopped almonds.
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes