Jiminy Cricket Cookie Suckers
- 24 whole Oreo Double Stuff Cookies
- 24 lollipop sticks
- 1 pound dipping chocolate
or almond bark
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Assorted candy sprinkles
- Carefully remove one side from each cookie so the middle is exposed. Using
the end of a potato peeler, carve a trench wide and deep enough to snugly insert
a lollipop stick into each cookie. Firmly re-attach side to each cookie, being
careful not to break or crush it. (It may be helpful to lightly brush frosting
middle with water before re-attaching cookie side.). Set cookies aside.
- Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper and set aside.
- In a glass bowl or double boiler, melt dipping chocolate or almond bark.
- Once chocolate has become liquid, add peppermint extract and stir well.
- Now you are ready to coat your prepared cookies. Dip each cookie carefully,
making certain they do not separate in the melted chocolate. Hold each dipped
cookie over chocolate after dipping to let excess chocolate run back into bowl,
then carefully lay onto wax paper lined baking sheets. Quickly sprinkle wet
cookie with candy sprinkles, then let dry. Repeat process with each cookie sucker
until all are complete. (If you experience trouble dipping your cookie suckers,
you can also paint sucker with chocolate mixture, using pastry brush, one side
at a time.)
- When cookie suckers have set and dried, wrap each with a small square of
plastic wrap, then tie securely with a short length of ribbon or yarn.
in a cool dry place.
For a cool, refreshing summer treat, place cookie suckers in freezer at least
one hour before serving.
Source: Recipe by Kitty - used with permission