Lemon Snowballs (T&T)
- 1/2 cup softened sweet butter (please do not substitute)
- 2/3 cup granulated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon or more grated
lemon peel (the more you add, the more intense the flavor is)
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- Sifted confectioners' sugar for rolling cookies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the butter, sugar and egg until creamy and smooth. Add lemon juice and peel.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt, mixing with
a wire whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter mixture making sure that it is
blended well. Add the finely chopped almonds and combine. Cover and refrigerator
the dough for at least 1 hour or overnight (I let it sit overnight).
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll into 1-inch balls (I use my digital
scale and weigh out the amount so that each one is uniform in size).
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheets (I prefer using my Silpat for baking cookies)
and bake them for approximately 10 to 12 minutes (this will depend on your oven)
or until bottoms are lightly browned (the tops of these cookies will not get
- Remove immediately to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes, then roll them
in a large bowl filled with sifted confectioners' sugar.
- Just before serving, roll again in confectioners' sugar.
Posted by BettyBoop at Recipe Goldmine 1/2/2002 3:48 pm.