These lemony melt-in-your-mouth gems are a delightful addition to an afternoon tea.
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- C&H® Confectioners Sugar for dusting
- In a large bowl, sift flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese. Add sugar; mix until fluffy. Add
egg, lemon zest and lemon juice on low speed; combine well.
- Add flour mixture, 1 cup at a time, on low speed. If the mixture seems sticky, add
additional flour, 1 teaspoon at a time. The dough should be soft, but not
- Chill dough in refrigerator for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare ungreased cookie sheet.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch star tip with the cookie dough. Pipe cookie straws out
onto prepared cookie sheet. Space straws approximately 3 inches apart, allowing
for any spreading while baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Using a spatula, slide cookie straws onto wire racks to cool.
- Once cooled, dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Yield: 5 dozen (2-inch) cookies
Recipe and photo credit:
C&H Sugar, Inc. - chsugar.com.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes