Lime and Pepita Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups plus 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 tablespoons
- Grated zest of 2 limes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose
- 1/2 cup pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds), chopped, toasted*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with bakers' parchment.
- Cream together 2 cups sugar, the butter, oil and zest of 1 lime. Add the eggs
and mix well. Stir in the lime juice.
- Combine the flour, pepitas, baking soda and salt; stir to mix. Add to the creamed
mixture; blend well.
- Combine the remaining 5 tablespoons sugar and the lime zest in a small bowl;
stir well to distribute the peel evenly in the sugar.
- Using heaping tablespoonsful or a cookie scoop, drop balls of dough into the
sugar/zest mixture and turn to coat. Place on the baking sheet. Flatten each ball
with 2 fingers, first in one direction, then at a 90 degree angle to the first to
form round disc-shaped cookies about 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, or
until the edges start to brown.
- Remove with a spatula to a rack to cool.
Yield: about 3 dozen cookies
* To toast pepitas, heat them in a dry heavy skillet. Toss or stir so they
won't burn. When they begin to smell toasty, they're ready. Cool before
adding to dough.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes