- 2/3 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 to 30 flat ice cream sticks
- Chocolate chips
- Red hots
- Snipped dried fruit
- Coconut pieces
- Coconut shavings
- Colored sugar
- Cream Crisco, sugar, milk and vanilla extract in a large bowl at medium speed
of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix into creamed mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Push ice cream stick into center of the dough.
Place dough with stick parallel 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten
to 1/2 inch with large, smooth, greased and floured spatula. Decorate as desired.
Press decorations into dough. (Decoration hint: Cookies can also be painted. Mix
1 egg yolk and 1/4 teaspoon water. Divide into 3 cups. Add 2 to 3 drops of different
food coloring to each. Stir. Use clean water brushes to paint cookies before baking.)
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden.
Yield: 1 1/2 to 2 dozen 3-inch cookies
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes