- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups sweetened coconut flakes, divided
- In large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until well blended; add egg
yolk, orange juice and almond extract.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt;
gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in 3 cups coconut.
- Cover; refrigerate for one hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll balls in remaining coconut. Place on ungreased
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 1 minute; carefully remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Yields 3 1/2 dozen cookies.