Marshall Field's Frango Mint Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 cup Frango Chocolate mints or Hershey's Kisses
- Cream sugar and butter; sift flour with salt and add remaining ingredients
except mints or kisses, mixing well into a stiff dough.
- Refrigerate for two hours.
- Wrap a tablespoon of dough around a Frango mint (available by mail order at 1-800-M-FIELDS)
and place on cookie sheet. Be sure to seal dough well around the chocolate.
at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Cool thoroughly on racks, then roll in additional
Makes 36 cookies.