Mexican Chocolate Wedding Cakes
Yield: 60 servings
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine brown sugar and butter. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes). Add melted chocolate and vanilla extract. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes). Reduce speed to low; add all remaining ingredients except confectioners' sugar. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- Shape rounded teaspoonsful of dough into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes; carefully remove from cookie sheets. Cool another 5 minutes.
- Roll in or sprinkle with confectioners' sugar while still warm and again when cool.