- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet
or milk chocolate)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and flour.
- Shape level teaspoon of dough into log shape and place on cookie sheets
2 inches apart.
- Bake for 17 to 19 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes and then lay cookies on flat surface to cool.
- Microwave chocolate chips for 2 minutes and stir in butter.
- Spread chocolate mixture on one cookie and top with the other cookie.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.