Yield: 4 to 4 1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint flavoring
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pink icing
- Green icing
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream sugar, shortening, butter, and extract thoroughly. Measure flour WITHOUT sifting into wax paper. Add salt and blend well.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Form into 1-inch balls. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Dip tops into pink and/or green icing, then into coconut.