Nutty Butter Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
The gooey cocoa goodness of our Chocolate Schmear® inspired these sandwich cookies.
Our version of an ever popular peanut butter cookie recipe is but one of the many
cookies that could be sandwiched with the Schmear. Chocolate chip, vanilla wafer,
sugar, cinnamon or even oatmeal cookies get a lift from a yummy-layer of this intense
all-natural filling. When the cookies are stored n an airtight container, the Chocolate
Schmear® center stays moist.
Several pointers for making perfect sandwich cookies. Save time and make uniformly-sized
cookies by portioning the dough with a scoop. A small ice cream scoop works or buy
a “cookie dough scoop,” a small investment for the usefulness of this tool. Space
the cookies evenly on the baking sheet. If you bake a large number of cookies at
one time, switch the shelves on which the cookies are baking half way though. This
ensures even browning if your oven is inconsistent.
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
to 3/4 cup Love’n Bake® Chocolate "Schmear" Filling
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease or line two baking sheets with parchment
- Beat the butter and peanut butter in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle
- crape the bowl add the sugars and beat until blended.
- Beat in the
egg and milk.
- Scrape the bowl and stir in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Portion the dough using a small portion scoop onto the baking sheets placing
the dough 2 inches apart.
- Chill the formed dough then press each piece with the
back of the fork in one direction then the other to flatten the balls of dough slightly.
- Bake until the cookies are nicely browned and firm, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on a rack.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of Chocolate Schmear® on the bottom of one cookie then
sandwich another cookie to it.
- Repeat with the entire batch.
Yield: 20 to 24 sandwiched cookies
Recipe and photo credit:
: Love’n Bake® - AmericanAlmond.com.