Oat Pecan Praline Cookies
Yield: about 4 dozen
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup pecan halves (about 48 halves)
- In large bowl, beat sugar and margarine until creamy.
- Add eggs, molasses and maple extract; beat well.
- Add combined flour and baking soda; mix well.
- Add oats and chopped pecans; mix well.
- Cover; chill at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten each ball by pressing a pecan half in the center.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheets to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Store tightly covered.