Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: about 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with bakers' parchment.
- Cream together the sugars, butter, oil and orange zest. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Combine the flours, soda and salt and stir to mix. Add to the creamed mixture and blend well. Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by the tablespoonful or scoop onto the cookie sheet; flatten slightly to make thick, round disc shapes. Allow about 3 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until light brown.
- Let cool on the sheet a few minutes before transferring the cookies to a rack to cool completely.