Orange Mexican Wedding Cakes
These traditional cookies are also called Russian Tea Cakes.
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 cups
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almonds, finely chopped
sugar for decorating
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F and lightly grease the cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the orange
zest and extracts and mix until well blended.
- In a small bowl whisk the flour and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the
butter mixture, mixing continuously. Stir in the chopped almonds.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls with your hands and place two inches apart on
the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until set. Cookies should
not be browned.
- Let the cookies cool on the sheets for three minutes.
- Transfer to
wire racks and cool completely.
- Frost if desired or roll in confectioners' sugar.
- Store in airtight containers.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.