Orange-Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Pecans flavor these rich milk chocolate chunk cookies along with grated orange
zest and orange-flavored liqueur.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon packed grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon orange-flavored
- 12 ounces coarsely chopped milk chocolate bars (four 3 ounce bars such as Tobler or Lindt)
- Vegetable shortening for the baking sheets
teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar, orange zest,
vanilla extract and salt; beat with a spoon until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, orange liqueur and baking soda.
- Stir in the flour, pecans and chocolate.
- Transfer to a bowl just large enough to hold the dough, cover and refrigerate
until firm, about 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat one or two baking sheets with
- Using 2 to 3 tablespoons of the dough for each cookie, shape the dough into
balls and place one in the center of a cookie sheet and evenly space four others
a few inches in from each corner.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the cookies spring back when very lightly
touched. Do not over-bake or the cookies will dry out.
- Cool on the sheets for 2 minutes; transfer to paper towels for abut 2 minutes,
and transfer to a rack to cool.
- Repeat the baking procedure, using cool baking sheets and lightly coating
them with additional shortening for each batch.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.