- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk (about)
- Food coloring of your choice
- Dough: In large bowl, combine butter and confectioners' sugar and blend well
with electric mixer. Stir in cornstarch and flour.
- Form dough into ball, cover with plastic wrap; chill 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 1/2-inch balls and flatten into rounds. Place 2 inches apart
on parchment-lined or ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly
browned on edges. While cookies bake, prepare icing.
- When cookies are done, remove from oven and cool for about 2 minutes on baking sheets.
- Remove from baking sheets and cool completely on wire racks. When cooled, frost
- Icing: In bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract, butter and milk.
Add 1 to 2 drops of food coloring and mix well. Icing can be divided and each part
tinted a different color. Frost cooled cookies and refrigerate or freeze.
Yield: about 4 dozen cookies