Peach Brandy Cookies
Yield: 4 dozen
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups peach pie filling
- 1 cup peach brandy
- 5 drops red food coloring
- Sugar for coating
- Peach decorator stems
- Mix the 1 cup sugar, eggs and oil.
- Combine flour and baking powder and add in to make dough. Roll dough into balls the size of walnuts and place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, combine brandy and food coloring in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Remove cookies from oven and while hot, scoop out dough from center of each ball. Cover cookies with a dish towel to keep them warm while you do this. When they cool, you cannot work with them.
- Fill the hollowed-out balls with filling, two at a time and fit together, making sure the edges are covered so the sides stick together. Dip each side of the cookie into the brandy mixture and let sit several minutes. Roll in granulated sugar and let sit to dry. Insert stem in top. Place each into a cupcake paper.