Peanut Brittle Bacon Cookies
Salty and sweet make a delicious combination in cookies. This recipe combines
two unusual cookie ingredients - salty bacon and sweet peanut brittle - in a rich,
buttery drop cookie dough.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup peanut brittle, cracked into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups
bacon, crisply cooked and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time.
- Add peanut butter and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients one cup at a time to the butter mixture, scraping
the bowl as needed.
- Stir in peanut brittle and bacon.
- Roll dough into 1/2-inch balls and place on parchment-lined cookie sheets.
Flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand to about 1 inch in diameter.
- Bake about 15 minutes, or until the edges begin to lightly brown.
- Remove cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.