Peanut Butter Baskets
Rich, buttery cookies become more delightful still topped with peanut butter
cups and candy. Use appropriately-colored decorations to match occasions at any
time of the year.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar,
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 30 miniature peanut butter cups, halved
- 60 cake decorator candy flowers
- 30 green gumdrops
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. DO NOT grease baking sheets.
- In mixing bowl, cream peanut butter, shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar;
add egg, milk and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture; mix well.
into 1-inch balls. Roll in remaining sugar; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees F or until lightly browned.
- Remove from
oven; immediately lightly press 1 peanut butter cup, cut side down, into each cookie
to form a basket. Press a candy flower onto cookie so it appears as if a flower
is coming out of the basket; press gumdrop leaves next to flowers.
- Cool on wire
About 5 dozen
Submitted to Recipe Goldmine by ltlgranny (Linda).
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes