Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted roasted
peanuts, finely chopped
- About 2/3 cup strawberry preserves or jam
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar in a medium bowl. Beat in
the peanut butter, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour and salt.
- Form the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll them in peanuts and place about 2 inches
apart on a large cookie sheet. Bake the cookies for 5 minutes. Using a small melon
baller or your thumb (but be careful not to burn yourself), make a deep indentation
in the center of each cookie so that it will flatten slightly. With the melon baller,
spoon about 1 teaspoon of the preserves into each cookie; do not overfill.
for about 15 minutes longer, until the cookies are golden and cracked.
to a rack to cool completely.
- The cookies can be stored for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Yields about 2 1/2 dozen (1 per servings).
Per Serving: 117 Calories; 7g Fat (50.7% calories from fat); 3g Protein;
12g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 15mg Cholesterol; 63mg Sodium
Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes