Peanut Butter Sandies
These truly melt in your mouth. You can substitute almond, pistachio or cashew
butter and the corresponding nut for the peanut butter and chopped peanuts.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7/8 cup (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup
creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup firmly
packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup
coarsely chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set
- In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter
and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Add confectioners' sugar and brown sugar; beat on medium speed until
- Beat in vanilla extract and egg.
- With mixer on low speed, gradually beat in reserved flour mixture.
- Fold in peanuts by hand.
- Form dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place balls, 2 inches apart, on baking
sheet lined with parchment paper. Using your lightly floured palm, flatten each
ball into a disk about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 10 minutes or until edges are lightly
- Let cookies cool slightly on baking sheet, then use a spatula to transfer
cookies to a wire rack; let cool completely.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container up to one week.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes