Peanut Truffle Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup confectioners'
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, finely chopped
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup
confectioners' sugar, sifted
- Combine peanut butter chips and chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler;
bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook until chips melt.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and peanuts.
Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or until mixture is firm enough
to make into balls. (Do not refrigerate.)
- Make into 3/4-inch balls, and let stand until firm.
- Combine flour, butter and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl; beat at
medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Shape dough into a 10-inch log; cut into 1/4-inch slices. Gently press a
dough slice around each ball; place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 18 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool slightly.
- Roll in 1 cup confectioners' sugar, and cool completely on wire racks.
Yield: 3 dozen