- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 4 eggs, beaten with a fork
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
cups finely chopped pecans
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Cut butter into small pieces in a large glass bowl. Cover the bowl with wax paper,
and melt the butter in a microwave. Add brown sugar. Mix with a wooden spoon until
the sugar is melted. Allow to cool.
- Stir the beaten eggs into the cooled butter and sugar. Mix well. Add the salt,
baking soda, vanilla extract and nuts. Mix well. Stir in the flour a little at a
time. Chill for one hour.
- Make walnut size balls using a 3/4-inch cookie scoop if you have one. Place them
on greased cookie sheets and flatten slightly.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees