- 1 1/2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg, separated
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- In a medium mixing bowl put flour, 1 cup sugar and salt.
- With a fork mix thoroughly the margarine, egg yolk, milk and vanilla extract.
Combine the two mixtures.
- Roll into bite-size balls. Place on ungreased baking
sheet. Press flat (1/16-inch thick) with the bottom of a glass dipped in oil
and remaining sugar. Brush with slightly beaten egg white. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not over-bake.
Yield: 5 dozen