Pssst...store-bought pecan sandies are not dusted with confectioners' sugar. We don't know where that addition came from in some recipes.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add water and vanilla extract; mix well. Gradually add flour; fold in pecans.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bottom edges are golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
You can substitute other nuts for the pecans, if desired.