Puddin' Head Gingerbread Cookies
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package regular (not instant) butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cream pudding and pie filling mix, butter and sugar. Add egg and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon; blend with pudding mixture.
- Chill dough until firm. (Can be frozen at this stage until ready to use.)
- Roll dough out on floured board to about 1/8 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutter. Place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Decorate as desired.